SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

purple/red flexible rose for chainlink fence?

User
14 years ago

I am looking for such a rose which will grow along a 2m high chainlink fence. It will be behind where I buried my little cat, Loki - (he has a small plum tree planted on top). I was going to plant Ghislaine de Feligonde but I dug up my daughters clematis to plant next to the fence and this is a rather garish large flowered one -Fireworks- so GdeF will not look right next to the prima donnas - also a moyesii is in front of everything so the colour really ought to be crimson red/purple/magenta or deep pink - or, a vermillion/orange but I am not hopeful of finding a rose in such a hot colour which will sit on a fence. It does not have to be a climber/rambler but could be a bush as long as it has flexible arching branches which will not mind being held in check. A thorny monster will not do either as I will need to be able to pick plums without ripping myself to shreds. If it was single or semi-double, it would be a bonus or even a polyantha type but definately not Hybrid Perpetual type blooms with loads of petals. Repeat flowering not essential but fragrance would be a big plus as I have put a little bench there so I can visit my cat and remember him. I realise this is highly specific and a lot to ask but you are the experts! Cheers, Suzy

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations