SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
natalieb2270

Anyone else gardening in middle TN? Tips & Favorite OGR's?

natalieb2270
10 years ago

Hello everyone,

It's been a long while since I had time to invest into gardening and browsing this forum again, and I was just seeing if there are any other posters from the middle TN area. Would love to hear any tips or great OGR's that you've grown for our area, and if you'd encountered any issues that may help me dive back into this lovely hobby.

Right now I have a very small collection of Kronprincessin Viktoria, Souv. de la Malmaison, Rouge Royal, Eden, and Nur Mahal. I was thinking of adding Mrs. BR Cant and Lady Hillington, Duchess de Brabant and possible Lyda Rose this year. I was really looking for a vigorous rose, that gets fairly large (not always BR Can't large but 5x5' or larger) and is a shrub/bushy type in growth. I see belinda's dream too but the only ones I've seen looked to have RRV.

I tore up 6 rose bushes last year because of RRV and am very wary of putting too many roses in the yard this year for fear it will appear again. I guess I will just have to diligently spray to hope the mites that carry it won't end up on my roses. It seems to be everywhere when you know what you're looking for (outdoor shopping mall landscape roses & in neighborhood common areas on knock-outs in my neck of the woods)

Anywho, it would be nice to know of some local rose enthusiasts and hear from you all on what grows well around here. Nice to be back!

Comments (7)