SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zaphod42_gw

Making sense of random rose orders (Cry for help.)

zaphod42
10 years ago

Like a drunken sailor, I'm kinda all over the place.

I recently completed my 'last' order of roses for spring and sat down to make a complete list of what I'm getting. I normally have a plan and specific spots for things in my mind. Not this year. It is all over the place. I think it happened because I started using pots last year and liked the result so just ordered the roses that spoke to me and figured I could always throw it into a pot until I figured what to do with it. So here I am, trying to figure out the best course of action. (I know it is early yet, but I live in a frozen wasteland right now and am dreaming of warmer days in the garden.)

- r. primula (on wait list - might be spring 2015)
- I think I'm also on a waiting list at Greenmantle for an alba - Madame Legras de St. Germain, maybe?
- Honeysweet
- Just Joey
- Belle Epoque
- Chic
- Quietness
- Golden Wings
- Astrid Grafin von Hardenberg
- Darlow's Enigma
- Lady of the Mist
- Apothecary Rose
- Rodeo
- Out of Rosenheim (grafted)
- John Ruskin (grafted)
- D' Aguesseau (grafted)

Chic and Just Joey are destined for pots due to hardiness. Beyond that the only one I have a predetermined space for is Apothecary Rose.

Are there any you'd recommend for pots - at least for the first year or two? Any you think would look good together? Any that work as stand-alones? Ones that need to be front and center?

Comments (13)