SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lizzyb55

The entire grocery line was crying...

liz
14 years ago

I'm at Kroger tonight and a family of 6 kids, Mom and Dad were 3 carts up from me...they were just finishing up...I'd seen them throughout the store and the kids were all so well mannered and sweet...

Well I guess they didn't have as much money as they thought and had to have 10-15 items taken off their bill..The girl behind them (who was young I might add...18-22) had the cashier add the items to her bill...Well then her and the entire family started crying and hugging...The young girl in front of me was just so emotional...she could hardly get her groceries on the checkout line...She said she'd never witnessed such an unselfish act...I couldn't agree with her more...

It made me feel soooo good to see there are still good and caring people in this world...especially at Christmas time when peoples attitudes, demeanor and checkbooks are stretched as thin as all get out...

The cashier on the other hand didn't get it at all...I said to her..."Obviously you've never been poor, or paid it forward or heard of the "Random Act of Kindness"?...She just didn't get it but I bet she wont forget it and I hope someday when she's my age...she'll understand why we were crying...(It reminded me so much of the scene in "Terms of Endearment" when she had to put stuff back and the cashier was so rude to Emma, Deborah Winger's character)

Their was no baggers so I baged all 289.00 worth of my groceries...the cashier looked at me like I had a third eye...I told her the more I help, the faster I get outta the store...then a women employee my age showed up to help bag and since I had two carts helped me to my car...(Why is it I went to the checkout line with one cart...but walked away with two? LOL) We both agree'd that their are good people still left in this world and the cashier has lots to learn and lots of growing up to do...She was mad cause she had to stay over to cover a sickout...NOT MY PROBLEM and keep your bad attitude to yourself!

Comments (36)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths