SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gandle

Rather strange problem

gandle
15 years ago

Last Sunday morning when I went out to feed the birds there was as usual our cat Spook sitting at the back door, ready to come in and eat, about 2' away from her sat the neighbors big orange cat waiting for the treat I always give him,just tartar control pellets, he thinks they are great. But, in between them sat a big white rabit, he tried to come in the house too. I called Leone to come check that I wasn't seeing things, she came out in her nightgown and verified that A BIG WHITE RABBIT was sitting on our back door step. No, it wasn't as big as the rabbit named Harvey from years back but it obviously had been around cats and tried to get close to them when it could. Both cats were quite leery of the rabbit although Spook has been known to catch, kill and eat wild rabbits. She didn't want anything to do with this guy.

Leone called evryone in this block and asked if they or someone they knew was missing a rabbit. Nope. We don't have a SPCA, the police dept. handles all the animal calls. Talked to them and they were going to find out if they could find the owner. In the meantime the rabbit wandered off only to show up again the last 2 mornings when I opened the back door. Nobody seems to know anything about this guy or want him. I keep fresh water out in a bowl for the cat but soon she will be spending all her time inside when the temps. get in the teens for good. Don't know what to do re: the rabbit, there still is enough green foilage in places for it to eat, see it munching along near the compost piles. Seems to vanish in most of the day and show up in the morning but he is out near my shop right now and it is just after 2 PM. Guess we will have to advertise in our weekly paper and see if someone wants a big white rabbit for a pet that is.

Comments (35)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County
More Discussions