SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19718084

Outlook Express, strange problem...

User
12 years ago

I'm the geek here, I do the fixing. My better half is getting emails addressed to someone else, completely different email address, but in his inbox. Other issue, not solved by our provider, he gets emails to the correct address,ie..his first initial and last name, which the provider required as primary account holder. We found these emails to same name are to a woman, he is not, so these are not his. I suggested to our provider this morning that since they are multi-state company, the email could be in use in another state. Tech support said she checked other states, did not find this email in use. We know the state for one of these, from car dealership in New Hampshire? I'd find it fairly odd that a dealership is sending emails to an address they've had for more than nine years, which is what the explanation was that our tech help suggested. we've had this email acct. for 9 years.Since tech help was unsuccessful, I guess it's up to me to solve the problem. My other half does not use email to friends, it's mostly incoming from business. He's now looking for a job, so if he gets someone else's email, are they in turn getting his? That could lose a job interview for him. He told me he just deletes the emails, so I haven't been able to investigate the source on them, or see what info they may contain. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments (4)