SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tisha_

frustrated!

16 years ago

Ugh! I need to vent.

For 8 out of the past 10 years, I've had to be on the Holiday Party planning committee here at work. I don't mind doing all the grunt work (though I would enjoy just being able to just enjoy the party one year!) but I hate all the politics. I sent out a simple request for either a tree topper or tree skirt that anyone would like to donate to the tree this year. Of course, since I work for a state university, I felt I needed to include the following statement...

"it would probably be best to stay away from an Angel... so maybe a star or something similar"

Of course, this didn't fail to offend someone. And, since I was the one sending out the offensive e-mail, I got to be greeted by the ALL CAPS REPLY from the offended this morning. Great, just what I need to keep my spirits high this time of year.

And don't get me wrong. I get it. I get that she hates that we can't call it a "Christmas" party. I really do get it. But, I can't help it. I can't help that we do not work in a Christian university. I just can't.

The way I see it, we're lucky in this day and age that we get to have a party this time of year anyway. I've chosen to live with the fact that we have to have a "Holiday" party and not a "Christmas" party. To me, it's better than nothing and I don't want the wrong person to come in and see an angel on top of a tree, get offended by THAT, go to whoever they'd go to, and get our party cancelled from now until forever.

You can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions