SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tony_p57

36” induction range frustrations

Tony P
2 years ago

This is not about the current ridiculous lead times or even total lack of availability of major appliances - it’s about my frustration finding something that I’ll be happy with.

I’ve looked at the current lineup of 36” induction ranges from Wolf, Fisher & Paykel, Bertazzoni, Aga, a brand with a farmhouse look (Le something or other, wasn’t my style), Dacor. Haven’t seen a Verona yet, and some others, but here’s what I’ve found so far…

I can’t seem to find a range that will make me (yes, me… I do the cooking) happy. Either the ovens are too small or too shallow, the range operates completely via soft touch controls (not a fan of that), or widely available reports online speak of reliability or performance issues.

I’m looking for an induction range that will let me turn on and adjust the hobs if my hands are wet or dry, without guessing if I’ve touched the exact right spot on a control surface, will let me work the oven and the top without having to cycle through a single interface, will let me operate the oven itself without a needlessly complicated interface, will give me a usable oven capacity of at least 4.7 cu.ft. with the ability to go from proofing to 550 degrees, a top that will reliably let me work chocolate or butter - including the ability to lift the pan off the hob momentarily if I have to, self cleaning, dual convection, reliable control (no automated hinged panel interfaces), and ultimately - a quality unit. Cost up to the Wolf range is not an issue.

Does such a thing exist?

Comments (10)