SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
babs711_gw

36' Induction Cooktop w/ oven beneath OR a gas range? OR what???

babs711
13 years ago

I keep thinking of this upcoming kitchen in our new home build. I know we are going to need some sort of a rough idea of appliances in order to start getting bids. Plus getting opinions will help me get a grasp on these swirling ideas I have in my head!

In an ideal world, I'd have a cooktop, double wall ovens and a microwave drawer. But in all honesty, I'm not sure I'll have enough room in our layout for the double stacked ovens. But I do know that I'll have enough space for a 36" range. But I'm really getting sold in induction. Of course, we all know there's no options out there for a 36" induction range.

Is doing a cooktop over a wall oven (done like a range) strange? If I do this, my other thought to get an extra oven was to steer away from the micro drawer and move to an Advantium-type oven so that I can use it as an oven or a microwave, etc. I suppose once I decide on these items I can figure out if we want to do the oven and the micro/oven together on the same wall and the cooktop by itself or the main oven below the cooktop. I will, of course work with a designer once we get to that point.

I guess I'm wondering what your thoughts are re: induction and 36" cooktops and oven options. We don't use double ovens all the time but it's really convenient to have that option for when you do want it....even a smaller extra oven would be fine. Right now we have a gas Maytag Gemini and even having that small top extra oven is wonderful. I just can't imagine not having the option of baking two things at different temperatures at the same time.

Comments (9)