SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
foghornleghorn77

diary diet books

16 years ago

I have tried just about everything to get my weight under control without much success. With my company's financial support I was able to join a gym in December. I have been trying to work out three times a week just after my martial art classes. So far it has worked well.

They do have a contest for "The biggest loser" at the gym. $1000 to the winner. They also offer rather expensive counseling once a week and you must agree to write down everything you eat in a diary. Well, I have dieted and read many books, and I doubt that they could teach me anything new except for discipline.

Have you kept a food diary, any FAVs. I saw this review on the web:

"As of today, I am into my third DietMinder and it has been exactly six months since I started recorded what I eat. No special diets, just a complete awareness of what I am eating. The journal is just enough a reminder that I don't stray from writing down what I eat and gives you a psychological edge by making you aware whether you eating habits are healthy or not. [We all know that without some self-discipline that piece of cake you eat gives you an automatic excuse to eat everything because, after all, now you've blown everything]."

I don't need another harpy Mother Hen. DW fills that role just fine. But perhaps one of these diarys might help.

What has been your experience?

Comments (8)