SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zhotster

Using RU in renovation AFTER seeding

zhotster
16 years ago

I probably just made a mess out of my renovation project. Prior to my project, I had a lot of quackgrass. The main reason I renovated the lawn was because of this, Crabgrass, I know will go away, but the quack sticks around.

Well, where I live we were hit by day after day of rain in August while I was putting my RU on. I did 5 full treatments and many spot treatments to kill the grass, the rain really caused issues. My treatments were done about 8/22, I dethatched on 8/25 and I then core aertated and seeded on 9/1.

I had noticed a little of the quack yesterday, but I took a gingerly walk around the yard and see areas that I obviously didn't get a number of areas killed with my previous RU treatments.

I mixed up some RU and spot treated today. I'm 5 1/2 days since I planted my seed. I need that Quack dead, and am willing to overseed those spots again. It's an overcast day and my soil is still damp, so I won't water for another 5 hours so the RU takes effect.

Okay, my plan is to overseed again on Sunday (9/8) the areas that I sprayed the RU. I couldn't live with that quack, so I hope I didn't damage my project too much. I couldn't hold off from spraying, the quack had to go.

Did I screw up big time? Any chance the seed that didn't sprout will be okay? I've got enough extra seed to overseed, should I do those areas on Sunday?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH