SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeremydallas

In need of some expert advice. Lawn in need!

Jeremydallas
10 years ago

Hi all! I am new here to the forum and I am also new to the home ownership club. My wife and I recently purchased our first home. The home was in limbo for a few years and in the interim the lawn was not maintained well. I would like to develop a plan of attack to take control of the yard and improve it's condition. From what I can tell with the limited knowledge I have the front yard and most of the back yard is some type of a Bermuda grass. Parts of the back yard and the west side look like either St. Augustine or Centipede grass. I think I also have an issue with what I believe is Crabgrass spots in the yard. I would like to get rid of all the weeds and seed the entire yard with the Bermuda grass. The St. Augustine looks nice, but all my neighbors have the Bermuda as well.

The front and majority of the back has this type of grass which I believe to be Bermuda grass.

{{gwi:117513}}
{{gwi:117514}}
{{gwi:117515}}
{{gwi:117516}}

This is the grass that is on the west side of the house as well as a small portion of the back yard.

{{gwi:117517}}
{{gwi:117518}}

Finally this is the weed that I believe to be Crabgrass that has taken over several spots.

{{gwi:117519}}
{{gwi:117520}}

I also have several spots where the lawn is partially shaded and I would like to plant something here that grows.

{{gwi:117521}}

Please help me fix my lawn. I don't want to be the only guy on the block with a nasty lawn. Thanks.

Comment (1)