SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilod_gw

Journal 9 July

lilod
15 years ago

Casa Lilo, CA

Smoky and grubby

It had gotten much better, even though it was hot, 114º on the East deck, under the roof, the air was much more breathable and there was a sky visible, then wham! Heavy smoke descended on the valley, as thick and as acrid as it was in the beginning. Evening news told the story: the fire in Butte County, container more or less, had kicked up again when the breeze turned into wind and was marching right to the town of Paradise again. People were ordered to evacuate again. Wonder if they were thinking of renaming that place? Paradise seems such a misnomer right now.

The swamp-cooler keeps the indoors comfortable, but the fine particulates (sp) come in anyway. Everything is grubby. I ran the yellow sponge over the counter, regularly cleaned several times a day, itÂs where the cooking takes place, and the yellow sponge came away brown/gray, everything feels sticky.

Wondering what the inside of me looks like? Maybe itÂs best not to know?

One nice thing happened: I picked my first three zucchinis and had them for dinner, cooked with hot Italian sausage, green onions, fresh garlic, canned tomatoes (they are not at all ready yet) and lots of flat leaf parsley and basil.

The overcast of smoke will keep the sunÂs heat at bay, so maybe it is not getting to be the forecast 111º, I guess there is a silver lining in every cloud, cliché as that sounds.

I keep water in the fridge and drink a lot of it, have plenty water both in- and outside for dogs and cats, they drink a lot, also.

Poor Taschi has recently put on medication for congestive heart disease, a diuretic, so she has to go and pee a lot. She does not like to go out by herself, so poor Lilo has to go out with her and walk around a bit.

This is September weather in early July, itÂs going to be a long, hot summer.

On Top there is road-construction all through town, major work causing 20 minute traffic stops.

I shall have a little cheese with my whine, please

Lilo

Comments (5)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm
More Discussions