SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 4th of July weekend

rob333 (zone 7b)
13 years ago

It wasn't a hectic weekend at all. I'd set aside this weekend to take pictures of the house as I am done. Well, as done as one gets with projects that are fluid. In addition to cleaning out the extraneous stuff from each room that I photographed, I also cleaned and polished the floors extensively as next weekend is the goodbye party for my house. I'm not sad. I've already grieved the loss. I am just proud I stayed to the end and did what I promised to do. And I am very very very ready to not work on a house. I actually added in a fingernail regimen for when my nails are long again. You might think that pedantic, but it's so good to get back to just focusing on what "normal" people focus. Just taking care of themselves and enjoying life. Inbetween cleaning and photographing (I still don't like my new camera!), we went to my sister's house twice, had two picnics, swam twice, and got sunburned despite using the best sunscreen there is??? We also saw a good fireworks display in Hendersonville. I did buy a bottle of champagne mid week last week as I finished the odds/ends for the house last week and finally made it to picture mode. I'm done. Right before I move, I am burning, yes, I mean it, my work clothes. All the torn, ripped, paint covered, drywall joint compound stained t-shirts and jeans. I cannot wait! I thought I'd show you where the LF and I spend our evenings. This is where we eat our "appetizers" (an apple sliced up, pretzels, cheese, fruit...) and catch up on the news. The back porch, while the sun is setting:

{{gwi:172152}}{{gwi:172153}}

Or if it's too cold, we might just stop on our way in the door, and swing a few minutes, the front porch:

{{gwi:172154}}

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions