SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 19 July 2007

rob333 (zone 7b)
16 years ago

Marriage

Tears are just streaming down my face. I just finished writing an email about how fantastically excited I am about my upcoming evening, and more importantly, with whom IÂm spending it. I never thought I could feel this way. Such pure overwhelming joy; I canÂt stop crying and I donÂt want to. Today is my eighth wedding anniversary. I look back at how far weÂve come and all that weÂve been through together. ItÂs been high and low, but itÂs been constant and weÂve been constant. Marriage isnÂt about "being in bliss" all the time, itÂs about companionship, acceptance and love. I can be as angry as a hornet about actions for a situation weÂre in, but I can still love him and stand steadfast, letting him know that IÂm there to catch him when he falls to soothe his weary heart. But there can be bliss too, like nothing youÂve ever known. You can buy a house all day long, but itÂs so much more joyful and meaningful when itÂs a home you create together. And I know I could never have felt this way buying a house on my own. Yes, it wouldÂve been a great accomplishment of which IÂd been proud, but there is so much MORE (no word is strong enough) that I get to embark on this adventure with Ed. Not Greg, not Randall, not anyone else. Ed. ThatÂs the part that makes it great. He's what makes it great.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
More Discussions