SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
3r3o3b

Journal 30 August 2007

16 years ago

Was our plan to fix the problems a good solution (as you requested Meldy)?

We'll sure hear what the loan officer thinks about it today. We're getting a "construction loan", which means... they'll give us a loan for the price of the house+construction costs up front. You do that when you intend to fix it up considerably. You must know how to fix the problems and how much it'll cost. And, paramount, you must promise to do it in a specified amount of time (6-12 months). In other words, you can't look like a total doofus. We present our plan to the Bank today. We've hired an inspector and signed contracts. I can't wait to go shopping for appliances, pick out paint colors and make gardens shine. It's going to be an adventure from which we've taken a break for three or so years. How completely exciting.

School. Traffic is lleh!!! Tuesday night the instructor spent the entire time telling sophomores (yes, I'm a 40-year-old senior in a class of 19-year-olds, ugh) how sophomoric behavior would not be tolerated and to not even try it. He'll even give you two weeks out of class with no repercussions, but miss another and you get your entire grade lowered one letter. Wednesday night was much more like I am used to, no absences tolerated. Then, he handed out the syllabus, skimmed over it, skimmed over where to find legal codes (as a refresher), and gave us our assignment. My entire body lit up when he told us the last four or so classes writing our appellate brief. Oh my gosh! I love case briefs. Why can't trial law pay better? This week's argument is to defend or prosecute Goldilock's. Yes, the fable. Think I'll fry the little intruder. Or maybe plead that she is just a babe who needed help and could find none since those mean old bears growled at her and scared her to flee into the night. Shame on them.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County
More Discussions