SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agnespuffin

I'm so proud of him!

agnespuffin
12 years ago

I just have to brag a little. It's about that old man, my husband.

As some of you know, I have a messed up spine, had surgery, but old age and nerve damage has raised it's ugly head and I do less and less.

He what's known as a Man's Man. Played all the sports. Boxing champ for his base during his enlistment. Professional base ball, weight lifting medals, good golf game....etc. etc.

But time has also caught up with him. He doesn't have anything to do to keep him busy. So he has started to do the cooking.

It turns out that he has a knack for it. He seasons by the old "by guess and by golly" method. He gets the just right amount of onions and garlic. He makes a dandy biscuit. He's GOOD!

I have taught him, not by telling him what to do, but rather asking him questions as much as possible. The question, then the thought process, the answer, and then I tell him whether or not it's OK or offer suggestions about more to think about.

It works! He's even taken over the grocery shopping.

I feel a little guilty (but not much) about not doing more of what should be my job, but I know that if he's not in the kitchen, he would be out in the heat wearing himself out in the yard, or sleeping in the recliner. So, I tell myself, what's a little guilt? It's better for him....Right??? RIGHT!!!!

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH
More Discussions