SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
orchidnick

There's tags and there's tags.

orchidnick
14 years ago

How come so many great vendors use tags that simply suck. I have plants dating back to 1996 and have some experience with the tags that come with them.

Andy's is the prime example of great plants with lousy tags. I have many of his plants and have replaced most of his tags which become brittle, break and also fade. His plants get a 10 out of 10, his tags no more than a 2.

Santa Barbara Orchid Estates has the best tags in my collection some of them 10 years old and neither brittle nor faded. 10 out of 10 for both.

Cal Orchids 10 out of 10 for plants, 5 out of 10 for tags.

I make my own tags out of discarded venetian blinds which I cut to 5" lengths. They end up with sharp corners which need to be rounded off but then along with graphite pencil markings you have a tag for the ages. I have some 10 years old which are still like new. I used industrial grade marker pens but have found that they also fade. Before the venetian blinds I used to buy tags from various sources and find that most don't last. After a number of years they become brittle and break.

Comments--.

Nick

Comments (3)