SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
daylilyfanatic4

Please help before I resort to dynamite

daylilyfanatic4
15 years ago

hello everyone, I'm filling my SFG boxes but unfortunately I ran out of homemade compost on the first one. I have peat moss and my favorite brand of store bought eco friendly top soil for the others. However there aren't enough nutrients in the two! the P (phosphorus) in NPK is not a problem I mixed in some bone meal to take care of that (1-11-0) however Nitrogen and potassium N and K are to low for good vegetable growth. I really really really want to stay organic but I don't want stunted plants. I have a slow release dynamite fertilizer (9-9-9) but it is not organic I don't think? (red container flower and vegetable) I could mix in coffee grounds as a nitrogen but that would still leave me without much potassium . I really need a home made source since home depot and the garden center are not easy to get to. The local shop-right has some fertilizer but not much organic what do I do? micro nutrients are being taken care of with liquid kelp and calcium with crushed egg shells soaked in water. I hope you have a solution. please help me stay organic!

Comments (20)