SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plan_r

Please help me look at quote before I drop $19k...

plan_r
15 years ago

I really like the contractor, did everything right according to all that I've read on the forum, spent forever doing load calcs and will be on site for whole install -- very confident it would be done right. Price is a gut check, however.

This is for split system in a 3200sf house. Upstairs and downstairs get "Bryant 17 seer 2 stage Evolution 187ana condensing unit and a new matching evaporator coil." Downstairs gets "Bryant 3 stage 95% 355aav gas furnace" and upstairs gets "Bryant 315aav 2 stage 80% variable speed evolution gas furnace." Evolution controls throughout. Completely new r-8 ductwork (metal trunk, flex branches) in basement/crawlspace, new r-8 ductwork & registers in attic. Includes perfect air purifiers. In addition, they will "will properly size, support and seal the duct system which is designed using manual d. When we are done we will air balance the system and mark the dampers for both the cooling and the heating position. This will ensure the proper air flow to each room. We will also retest the duct system for leaks using the blower door we want to achieve less than 5% of total leakage on the duct system."

Price -- $18,700 after Bryant rebates ($1000 per system) and $750 credit for some earlier repair work they did on old system & promised to credit towards replacement

I recognize this is top-quality system & we plan to be in the house a while. They don't have to be the cheapest, but this is such a huge amount of money--is this a fair price? Thank you!

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!