SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
coconut_nj

Monday February 16th

coconut_nj
15 years ago

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. ~George Washington

I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world. ~George Washington

If you are as happy, my dear sir, on entering this house as I am in leaving it and returning home, you are the happiest man in this country. ~James Buchanan to Abraham Lincoln, 1861

A capacity, and taste, for reading, gives access to whatever has already been discovered by others. It is the key, or one of the keys, to the already solved problems. And not only so. It gives a relish, and facility, for successfully pursuing the unsolved ones. ~Abraham Lincoln

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from the corn field. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower

America did not invent human rights. In a very real sense... human rights invented America. ~Jimmy Carter

And last but not least...........

No man will ever bring out of the Presidency the reputation which carries him into it. ~Thomas Jefferson, letter, 1796

Happy Presidents Day Everyone!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
River Mill Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Delaware County's Customer Focused General Contractor
More Discussions