SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rphudes

Lawn Refurb Part II

rphudes
16 years ago

So far I have cut my Lawn down almost short enough to slit seed I bagged it all. My next cut should do the trick, probably Wednesday or Thursday of this coming week. I also aerated today as well. I plan on over seeding Saturday 9/1/2007, using a slit seeder from Home Depot.

I sent my soil samples in last Tuesday, I dropped them of at the local Lesco company, but they forgot to send them in. They assured me the will go in this Monday. Is this a show stopper to seed?

I ordered my KBG from a outfit in Colorado (recommended here in this forum) I'm over seeding 6-7 k, Just my front and one side of my house so I got 16 pounds of a suggested mix (sod quality).

I'm concerned about the few patches of POA , I really cut that junk back,almost to the dirt. Will the new KGB grow with the POA......perhaps take it over and choke it out!

Also, Will this stuff be a problem ( un identified grass growing in my KBG) See pic below. I don't have much of it just a bit here and there. I usually just pull it out. It has left a few bare spots about the size of a coffee can. My plan was to loosen up the soil there and over seed it with the rest of the grass.

{{gwi:113645}}

When should I put down the starter fertilizer? Before, after or at the same time I seed?

About my soil sample again what is the recommended fix if the PH is too low? I know if the PH is to high I use Lime pellets, but if its to low what do I use?

Any other suggestions?

thanks in advance

Comments (21)