SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nycjsw

Seed comparison - Rebel Extend or Scott Premium

nycjsw
16 years ago

I live in central Virginia and I'm planning on heavily overseeding my lawn this Sept. I have a new lawn that had sod put down in June of 2006. Last fall and spring I overseeded with tall fescue and in the spring with Scotts Pure Premium Heat-Tolerant Blue. My lawn is one of the best in the neighborhood but I would like it to look better. It is not as uniform as I would like and not as dark as some other lawns. I fertilize a lot and put lime down in the fall. I looked at the Rebel Extend and like how it is about 8% Midnight Blue. I also read all the posts I could about this product. The Scotts product also has about the same percentage of KBG but it does not list the variety. The Scotts products also boasts how well is does in drought/heat conditions while the Rebel Extend rates only like a 3 out of 4 (on the package) for drought/heat. Are these products just very similar and it should not matter which one I get? I'm not going to go all out and buy pure elite KBG/make my own mix or kill my lawn and start over. Thanks for the input!

Comments (28)