SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tvgirlnyc

My lawn stops growing in July

tvgirlnyc
15 years ago

I live in zone 5, I got a 3 years old lawn of 1000 sf, it's a mix of fescue, rye and KBG for shine-shadow zones according to my place, this is the second year I fertilize it with the starter formula from Scotts (20-29-15), I did it in the month of May same month I did it last year. I have taken care of it with hand-aeration and a good irrigation according to its need. I mow it weekly 3" height, during the spring. The soil of my yard is not the ideal, it's a a little clay but at least pass the test of the 1 cubic feet hole fill of water drainning in less than 10 minutes.

Each year my lawn starts to grow in April, it grows faster in May and it gets its best in June, but, suddenly in July it just stops growing. The blades get thinner and grow almost nothing turning the whole lawn weak and with a pale old-green color (not brown). The blades and the roots are sane they don't have any spots or something weird that could make me think about a desease. I don't understand why my lawn got in shock stopping growing and getting that ugly color. This is the second year I have this problem, it happened the same last year and also in the month of July. I don't have access to a soil test, please what do you suggest me to do... what's happening?

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH