SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
smittee_gw

I am a new Floridian love fruit trees .Want to grow Mangos ,help.

smittee
15 years ago

Hello I have been a member of Garden web for more then 10 years, in the state of Washington. I arrived here two years ago and love the great gardening choices. Wow everything in my neighbors yards are all familiar to me ......but as HOUSE PLANTS! I have started growing Palms and fruit. I have twenty different palms, all under 2 years old ranging from 6" to 3 feet.(my traveler Palm) I have several fruit trees All started from seedlings.

My pomigranit has two fruit this year. I have a papaya [52"],tree with tons of blossoms. I have a one of those giant grapefruits,(pommello or something like that. It is 40". A Navel orange 12"...a sweet lemon 12" several Dwarf Cavendish Banana trees. I Key Lime-kumquat tree 20" that yeiled about 20 fruit last year.

I bought a Buddas hand Lemon tree on a clearance rack at Walmart but it didn't make it...I went on line a found lots of material on this fruit. I fell in love with it. Now I am looking for an inexpensive on to buy I am on SSI so funds are limited. I know nothing about growing fruit from seeds, Or how fast they grow. IN FACT I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ANY OF THE PLANTS I HAVE, except they are beautiful and fun to know some day they will bear fruit. I hope.

Florida offers so many new challenges in gardening. I also would like to grow black pepper. I also have 5 varieties of Dragon Fruit. I bought the cuttings off of ebay I have two Pineapple plants with no fruit, they are 2 years old.

Here is the reason for my post .....If ANYONE has any information, experience,advice or just a comment on any of my babies please feel free to post. I just jumped in and started growing all this new 'stuff'LOL. Now I decided I need to learn about them. On yes I have a young Guava tree and have tried to grow a mango. One started from seed from a fruit I bought at the store. I gave it away thinking they are easy and have Not been able to get one to root since

THANKS YALL

SSMITTEE

Comment (1)