SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tehyajenz6

What is NOT invading my yard?

TehyaJenZ6
11 years ago

I was a traveling consultant most of last year. As a result, my yard was mowed by a friend and absolutely nothing else was done to it. Even my flower beds received minimal attention. I've been going crazy trying to kill the insane amount of weeds in the yard this year. Dandelions, purple clover, and some sort of unknown groundcover I have yet to identify. I will say the Weed B Gone seems to be working on the groundcover at least a little, it's turning brown.

I gave up on killing the dandelions. They are multiplying, not dying! Bought a Fiskar's Weed Puller. The plant came up without hardly any taproot on most of the ones I've pulled but in addition to leaving huge holes behind, it revealed yet another invader - grubs and lots of them in the area I started in.

Recapping: I have more weeds than grass. I have grubs. And if I continue to use the weed puller, the neighbors and I will be staring at a dirt yard with lots and lots of holes this year. On the bright side, I won't need to pay someone to aerate the yard this fall!

Thanks for listening to me rant, any suggestions would be welcome!

Comments (2)