SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gondalguru

Need advise on reviving lawn

gondalguru
16 years ago

I am in south Texas Zone 9

I am a novice and don't have any experience in gardening or lawn care.

We bought a house few months ago. The house was unoccupied for about 10 months before we moved it and the garden was not taken care of properly.

I have around around 2500 sq feet of lawn on front of house and 2000 sq feet of lawn in back yard. I think it is bermuda grass. The lawn is 70% covered with weeds... all different varieties of weed. On one friend's advise used round up on like one forth of front yard which killed the weed and grass. Later weed grew back and grass didn't (I hoped the otherway around).

Last week I applied scotts bonus s weed-n-feed. I see wonderful results as all the weed looks like dying and grass remained intact. But there are huge patched where there is no grass and the weed is drying dying down.

What do I have to do? should I buy the bermuda seed and sprinkle it over those areas. Do I need to removed all the died weed before I do that?

I have visited Lowes and Home Depot store and there are numerous different products for lawn care and its just very confusing what, how and when to use those stuff?

Any general advise about how to go about this things.

Comments (2)