SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dustin_eubanks

Need to Revive Lawn, Kill Weeds

Dustin
6 years ago

Hi All. My lawn (North Texas, South Dallas County, zone 8A) is supposed to be Bermuda grass, but it has been overrun by various weeds in many parts. The most annoying weed is crabgrass, which has taken over some swathes of grass completely. Now that Spring is approaching, I would like to get to work on improving things.

I do have a sprinkler system, but it has not been running since October. I plan to start it running at about 50% when the temps get a little higher. I think it waters half the zones for 10 minutes every other day when running at 100%.

I have done a soil test for the back & front yards. I am attaching the results here -- I don't know much about this stuff :)

I have some pre-emergent herbicide on hand, as well as some Weed B Gon, but again I am waiting for things to warm up.

However, I am also considering overseeding this lawn, if it would help, and so I am hesitant to use any herbicide products before I figure that out.

Should I pull up all the crabgrass and overseed maybe? And should I amend the soil first?

I will leave it at that for now. Let me know if I left anything out, and thanks for any help with this!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH