SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
not2lucky

Lots of lawn help needed

Not2Lucky
12 years ago

Hi,

I am in Allentown, PA, and as the weather is getting warmer, I am getting outside more, and I realized that over the last few years I have been loosing the fight with my lawn.

I have a bunch of weeds, I have thin areas, I have moss, I have cracked dirt (see pictures). I am really thinking of doing something drastic� resodding etc� but I want to give it another go of doing this my self before I call in (and pay for) the calvery.

I last checked my soil chemistry 2 years ago, I probably did only did fertilizer one last year, so I did the lime (which was suggested 2 years ago, and the crabgrass fertilizer (40-0-8) already ...yes, lime last weekend, waited for rain, fertilizer this weekend.

So my 3 big questions are

1) What is that blue flower that is in multiple places in my yard, and how do I get rid of it?

2) What is the best way to put grass in that area that has the cracked soil (that is where the snow drifts from the street cleaning end up, but we did not have much snow this year)

3) What should I do with the area close to the street, there always seems to be lots of weeds there and thin (if any grass).

Pictures are in link

Thanks in Advance

N2L

Here is a link that might be useful: link to 4 photos

Comments (7)