SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lexie1397

Giant Peace Lily vs Cat Palm

lexie1397
16 years ago

Hello All!

I am trying to fill two spaces in my new apartment with a couple large plants, and would like suggestions from more experienced house plant growers on what I should purchase.

The first room faces west, and the plant would be directly in front of the window. The room is usually a bit warm but likely not more than 75 degrees.

The other area has east facing windows. In this case, the plant would be about 8 feet from the window, but the room tends to be very bright overall.

Both rooms are usually quite dry, but frequent watering and occasional misting is an option. However, as winter sets in, schoolwork takes higher priority than plants, so they would need to be quite patient with me!

The two plants I'm strongly considering are a Cat Palm and a Giant sized Peace Lily that I've seen at Home Depot and Wal-mart both. I have a peace Lily that has done pretty well for me, but I'm not sure how different the great big one is. I've never taken care of any sort of palm, so I'm not sure what I'd be getting myself into there.

Any advice or alternate plant suggestions are warmly welcomed!!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County