SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ariesf5

Cats, eggs, and Butterflies

ariesf5
16 years ago

This is my first year for an "official" butterfly themed garden. I was wondering when the eggs and cats arrive in the GA area. I had three yellow cats earlier this year munching on my bronze fennel, and I go out once a week hoping for more. However, I havn't found any. In my bed, I have Anise Hyssop 'Blue Fortune' and 'Tuttie Fruitie', Pincushon Flowers, Guara, Echinacea 'Sundown'/'Sunset'/'August Moon'/'White Swan' and another (the name escapes me), Achillea 'Apricot Delight', Rose spp. 'Peace', a Passiflora vine ('Alato-Caruela') and butterfly weed trying to grow. In my backyard, I have Beebalm 'Raspberry Wine', Anise Hyssop 'Blue Fortune', the same Echinacea, Butterfly bush, some Rose of Sharons, Blackberry lilies, and other non-butterfly plants. I have a lot of activity in my yard, just no cats and no eggs. Oh, I also have water dishes out for them. Should I also put out fruit pieces?? I'm very proud of what I have accomplished. My home is in one of those bulldoze and build subdevisions. The ground was harder than concrete, and I have amended most of it (I have so many worms in my soil now). I've planted enough plants to attract everything from Praying Mantis and lizars to Lynx spiders and chipmunks. I make a big point about using organics and staying away from toxins. So, I guess everything is set up for the butterflies... maybe I'm getting to eager. Thanks.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus