SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
goddess9_gw

I'm having trouble with my Anthurium.

goddess9
11 years ago

I bought an Anthurium from Lowe's in March. She was beautiful and had 4 or 5 spathes. Over time, she had those die back but her foliage stayed erect.

Over time, her foliage started to droop but her leaves stayed thick. Now her foliage droops and they feel very thin. I don't see any obvious pest issues. She came in a peat-heavy soil, which I have just recently had the chance to exchange out for a faster draining mix. I water once or twice a week, depending on how the soil felt. Never on a set schedule, only on "need".

Her foliage gets yellow streak on it. At first I thought it was sun scorching the leaves, but I recently brought it back in and re-potted/water and now I'm thinking it's that she doesn't like my watering schedule. She also tends to get brown tips, which I know to usually be due to minerals/underwatering. I don't overwater but her roots needed extensive pruning.

What am I doing wrong? I have another Anthurium I rescued and she is doing valiantly in a much lower light situation. I can't get my head around it. Please help me save the plant.

Comments (6)