SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
breezygirl_gw

It's my Birthday, and I'm having trouble staying positive

breezygirl
13 years ago

This is not how I envisioned my birthday today. It started with a call from the HVAC guys who were waiting at my house to install the gas fireplace and do my ductwork. Was I expecting them? No. Is the house ready for HVAC? No. No, because my house has to be completely replumbed and the plumber isn't done yet and the ducts can't be run until he's done under there. And no because I haven't figured out how I want to rezone the heating to even out the temperature in the house.

I have rats at my house.

I owed the cabinet maker a decision on Friday and I didn't make it. I don't like either of my options.

I have to pick my bathroom tile so I know the thickness of the tub deck tile so I can pay to have the tub deck rebuilt as it was built too high initially. I had no vision of what I wanted the master bath colors/style to look like.

I can't find a shower tile pan that can get to my house in the next couple of weeks. I don't like the shower receptor bases I've found as they aren't the right size. I didn't really want acrylic.

I can't decide on the faucets for the master bath. The tub filler decision is difficult given my space and other restrictions.

My littlest one is sick again and kept waking up for most of the night.

I can't get the Habit for Humanity Restore people to come pick up my donations when they say they are coming. The stuff is now getting in the way of work.

And don't get me started on my lighting plan that seems to have a lot of problems based on my post last night. I need to get the electrical permit soon.

We stopped by the house this morning to measure the shower area again. The plumber has holes in the floor to crawl under the house. He cut several holes in the drywall in rooms that weren't going to have any drywall work at all. And he broke the only working toilet in the house when he moved it. I couldn't help but break out in tears. I drove back to the temporary house sobbing.

How did you cope when it seemed like this hellish process would never end?

Comments (55)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH