SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
audrey_gw

I'm having trouble activating Microsoft Office 2007

audrey_gw
14 years ago

Hi, everybody. I've been running a trial version of Microsoft Office Professional 2007, and recently purchased the software. I didn't want to have to re-install the whole thing, and assumed that I could just activate the trial version with my new product key. But every time, I enter the key number, I'm told that it is not correct.

Would it do me any good to un-install the trail version, and install the one on the disc? Or do I just have to accept that I've been sold bad software again? It looks genuine enough, was sealed when I got it, and has the manual and everything.

Although I did purchase the software on E-bay, I was very careful this time, and bought it from a guy who has a 100% good rating with over two thousand feedbacks. I assume he will probably give me my money back rather than mess up his feedback. But I wanted to make sure first that it isn't something I'm doing wrong. The only place I could find to activate the software was under the Help Menu in Publisher. But it did say something about converting to full product and asked for a product key number, so I assume that was the right place.

I really don't want to un-install the trial version unless I have to, as I still have a couple weeks to run on it.

Comments (11)