SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
notanatural

Got a new Hibiscus and I need some help

notanatural
18 years ago

I just got a new hibiscus- don't ask me what kind, I have no clue. It was the December 'plant of the month' from that club I'm in and all it said was 'tropical hibiscus'.

Anyway, I've barely had it one week- and there was lots and lots of bottom leaves turning yellow really fast- bright yellow.

It was full, absolutely dripping with buds, but a lot have fallen off and the ones that haven't, are turning yellow and wilting real fast. Only one, slightly big one managed to keep growing and this morning, it just opened- it's a really pretty deep yellow- not too big though. About 4 inches across I think.

I know there is a Hibiscus Forum and I have been doing some research on there- but wanted to ask you guys here- I know some of you have hibs. I did figure out I shouldn't have been turning my plant around while with buds- and I've been turning it galore- aaaah! Ok, so will def put a stop to that. But is there anything else? Is it the stress of being shipped?

My apt is really really dry- even with a humidifier. I have dishes of water near the heaters, nothing seems to help!!

I don't think it's bugs coz a) I haven't found any yet and b) I only JUST got this plant and I doubt they'd come with bugs. I've gotten many plants from this club so far and they've always been in great condition (at least when they arrive).

Got 2 more hybrid hibiscus from Logees: they just got here today and I don't want to make the same mimstake twice.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting