SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fun_gi

Opinions after my latest trip to the nursery...

fun-gi
11 years ago

Hello everyone,

I recently received a gift from my wife that I had been expecting for several months. While very healthy, I really want to insure the best growth and vitality that I can. So to that end I am contemplating different mediums for the container. If an arguement can be made for the gritty mix, I would consider it since I have many plants already in the mix and they are doing great.

I am unsure of container size since I have such a vigorous grower, but I really enjoy re-potting so I should have no problems there. As far as fertilizer, my wife prefers to handle that, and she uses a natural product that contains all of the major and micronutrients.

Overall I feel confident that I can give the proper care, since I have two very similar examples already. My experience does wane a bit with the more mature specimens, and from what I understand care and patient training will become even more important as they progress.

I know I don't post often, but I value the wisdom of the many knowledgeable posters on this board, so if you have any insights or anecdotes that you would like to share, then I would welcome them.

Thank you,

Billy

{{gwi:38462}}

Comments (23)