SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bonsai_audge

Pots on Parade - Reprise

bonsai_audge
18 years ago

With the temperatures rapidly dropping in most northern areas, people's minds are hardly thinking about their planters as once-sumptuous annuals now look like the failing dish from home-ec class. Toasted to a crispy consistancy, falling apart at the slightest touch.

But who said planters were just for plants?

{{gwi:6095}}

Thanksgiving just rolled around (in Canada, that is), and the client liked a set-up that I did a few years ago with squash from a self-volunteering plant in my yard plus a few things I happened to scrounge up. She wanted me to re-create it, but alas, I had no squash on me. So I told her how the last little display came about, and that if she wanted something similar this year, she would have to pay for the squash. No problem, said she.

I set myself a budget of $20 max to do this. The best buys in this were the pumpkins. They were intended for the baking of pies, and thus were cheap. I cleaned out and reused the cast-iron planters (which fried my alyssum) and also used burlap which will be used to wrap some shrubs for the winter. I have yet to garnish some spots with leaves (pilfered from my lawn, it's not like we're going to be keeping them all!) to fill in some blank spots.

Total cost: $15.

-Audric

Comments (5)