SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashley_plant_addict

What have you planted or will be planting in containers?

Hey everyone!

I have a small space to work with so I'll definitely have a conatiner garden this summer.

I satrted some coleus seeds and have about 15 seedlings growing, they've gotten to a good size but still quite small. I want to create a couple of hanging baskets as well as use them for cover in some coantiners with bulbs.

This past Saturday I planted some Drumsticks, I think I planted either 5 or 10. I also planted Sunflower seeds, and some snapdragons. I'm trying to work with height, the planter these are in is sitting on a stump, where it gets lots of sunlight, so I want tall plants in this one.

In another container I planted some Freeshia bulbs. I'm not sure if this was the time to plant them but someone informed me that if I tried to keep them until next year they probably wouldn't make it. So in any case, if it gets too hot here I'll move them inside.

I planted one elephant ear bulb a coupld of months ago, there is a thick spike coming out of the bulb but its been like that for a month. Is there anything I can do to increase its growth? I also planted another last Saturday, hoping to have two great looks EEs soon! :)

I have some Datura seeds that I started, unfortunatley they didn't germinate but I have many more and will try again this weekend.

I've also been growing some brugmanisa cuttings and will possibly put the coleus at the base of these when I transplant them into larger containers.

The bag of mini canna rizhomes I bought began to sprout in the bag so I removed them and planted them in a long container. This is only a temp container since I think they will outgrow this. I'll probably need to plant these seperately.

Oh! Lastly I have some Salvia seeds that I'll plant, I've heard their good for our TX heat! :)

Any suggestions as to any other plants good for containers?

Can't wait to hear others ideas and containers they've started or are planning. :)

Happy gardening!

Ashley

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022