SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilion

One more Al - If you don't mind...

lilion
15 years ago

Al, You are a truly patient person and I so hate to ask you any more questions. I know the answers are here somewhere - I swear, I've done my best to read the roughly 800 posts on Soil threads I - VI. I've done searches using the only keywords I can think of. I'm going to get fired if I spend any more time on the internet! Please accept my greatful thanks in advance...

#1. In Soil thread I - Your mix was 3-1-1 - now it's 5-1-1 and I was curious as to why you changed? Just trial and error and you found 5-1-1 was better?

#2. In your original 3-1-1 "recipe" you suggested composted manure for the micro-nutrients. It's the only place I've seen that suggestion though. Do you still suggest that? Because manure I have...micro-nutrient powder I do not.

#3. Finally, if the answer to #2 is no...can you just give me some names of stuff to buy and where to buy it? I'll be tossing some osmocote into the mix. I'll probably water with Miracle Grow.

I know, you've been over it and over it - and really, I read the fertilizer thread, but I am chemistry deficient, don't know my periodic table, and get lost in all the P, K, N and S's! It's just too much information and my brain can't process it. I need micronutrients for dummies!

I will do whatever you tell me to Yoda.

Comments (6)