SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
igrowindoors

need help - completely new to ph and nutrient ppm/ec readers

igrowindoors
14 years ago

I'm very new to ph/EC meters and need some advice, recommendations and overall general knowledge about how they work. Every post I have already seen on pH/EC meters does not really make sense to me so the more clarification, the better. I noticed these meters are very popular with hydroponic growers, but I don't want someone who is completely into hydroponics to chime in here unless they are also familiar with growing with potting mix since the nutrient ratios, fertlizers used, etc. are different.

Some background... I grow completely indoors (if you didn't realize by the name). Currently, I have determinate gold nugget tomatoes as well as early jalapenos and orange habaneros in containers with amended potting mix under twin T5 bulbs (one 3000k and one 6500k). In addition to my initial question, it would be really helpful if your advice about pH/EC ratios was customized to these specific plants.

According to Jason's Indoor Guide, (a popular hydroponics website/guide) EC meters are more accurate than TDS meters. I'm also looking for one that reads pH up to 0.1 accuracy and costs less than $80, if possible.

Comments (5)