SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luke_skywalker_gw

Spider mites - An organic, safe treatment?

Luke_Skywalker
21 years ago

Hi there, I'm just wondering if anyone out there knows of an organic, and most of all, safe insecticide to use for red and two-spotted spider-mite. I've been using Wettable Sulphur, and this is supposed to be fairly safe, but still it is not ideal, and didn't make a sizable dent in the population, even after 3 applications 5 days apart or so. Then I went to a mixture advised to me in the Australian Orchid Review. This was a mix of 40mL/L of White-oil concentrate, and 10mL/L of Pyrethrum concentrate, mixed together in a spray-pack. This has been used on my garden, and initially I had great results, but only about 6 days later I had the eggs come up and re-infest, but I've been told not to re-spray for at least 15 days!! (This is on the white-oil bottle.) Not only this, but I worry that the white-oil is possibly going to not only kill a few plants, (some reacted badly, particularly some ferns and younger plant growth.) but maybe harm my cats too, who enjoy my small courtyard vege, herb and orchid garden, and quite often feed on the plants there.... (Catgrass, catnip and so on....) I am having great trouble with these two distinct populations of spider-mite, and I really don't want any damaging or potentially harmfull pesticides in the garden either. Any suggestions?

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County