Floof post: What songs make you turn OFF the radio?
6 months ago
last modified: 6 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (127)
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
Related Discussions
Do you turn off your monitor?
Comments (25)If you have not cleaned the inside of your tower in the last year, especially if you have animals and a lot of dust, do yourself and your pc a huge favor and open that thing up and get those dust bunnies out of there, that in itself will save you a LOT, your pc will run better, less heat, last longer and not take as much effort to run. That is one of the top killers of computers. And it is a task anyone can do. If you need tutorials there are tons of them on google and youtube with step by step direction and we are here to help also. Just do it!! Mine have clear panels so everything inside is visible I have to keep a neat pc LOL But I love having the ability to see what is happening inside. Plus I like all the pretty lights too. I also cringe when I hear " I just turn off the power strip " My sincere hope is that each individual pc and monitor were actually properly shut down individually Before the strip was just turned off!! Unfortunately I know in some cases that is not so....See MoreFloof post: Cleaning "schedules?"
Comments (30)The (nationally franchised) cleaning service that I have hired occasionally for a deep clean is ruining the finish on all my brass lamps. I discovered that they use a 'dust rag' wrung out from a solution that contains something like Windex. They use this to dust and to wipe down furniture. I stipulate no use of abrasives (Ajax, Comet, etc.), but the cleaners will use these instead of the Bon Ami I provide if I'm not here. If it would take you X 'healthy-woman-hours' to thoroughly clean your house, how can a service can do it in so much less time -- and make money? I would also guess that a 'standard rate' means that when I pay it to have my neat, newer, one floor, easy-clean house cleaned, I'm subsidizing the person with a cluttered, old, multi-floor, hard-to-clean house. (That's the 'averaging' in effect for our cleaner on Maui. Most guests are neat; a few are pigs; she's paid the same amount per cleanout.) My housekeeping style is pretty much like Nicole's. I keep a neat house -- easier when you have a neat DH and no pets now -- but I am not interested in virtually sanitizing everything daily or weekly. I clean "as needed" and to a standard of "clean enough", meaning that we are comfortable, and that I would not be embarrassed to have anyone walk through my house at any time of the day. I'd rather 'keep up' than 'marathon clean'....See MoreWhat are best or worst purchases you ever made? ( Floof question :-) )
Comments (28)Best thing was my husband's 2002 Saturn SC2 bought brand new...worst thing was after someone ran a red light and totaled it out, my husband was so attached to that car that he HAD TO HAVE the exact same car type...that was the worst purchase. He bought it used from a used car lot and it was a total money pit. Whoever owned it, really ran it ragged and come to find out later, it had been wrecked. We finally got rid of it before we had to spend even more money on it. It looked beautiful on the outside...but it was worn out after only 125,000 miles! It may have been an OK car for someone that can work on their own car...my husband is not a handyman by any stretch of the imagination. Another best car purchase are my two trucks, I have a Tahoe 1996 and a Chevy truck 1992...these vehicles haven't hardly given me any problems throughout the years. I still have both of them...they only ever need regular routine type repairs. Biggest issue was the 4 wheel drive had to be repaired on the Tahoe...the actuators went out. I better knock on wood, never fails to brag about something only to have it go out the next day! HAHA! Another best purchase is our house. It's built in the 50s back when they built things to last! It's a well built home in a decent neighborhood full of elderly and young families just starting out. Seems the people buying are young families. The houses aren't very large. It's a great house for us two and our dog. We have a great area to walk daily...no riff raff. I can't think of any other bad purchases other than that car....See MoreSemi Floof Post ---Breaking Bread
Comments (58)I guess I must be some kind of dinosaur :-) I was raised in an age where social decorum and learning proper table manners was just as much a part of one's education as was learning your times tables and spelling!! Young women of a certain age often went to charm school or took a course in social etiquette that instructed one in how to properly navigate social interaction on various levels. Knowing how to dress for various occasions, what was accepted dinnertime conversation, what fork to use when, how to set a table correctly, how to break (NEVER cut!!) and butter a dinner roll according to the accepted procedures of the time, etc. were standard topics that we all learned. And this was a typical urban middle class upbringing.....nothing posh or relegated only to the wealthy upper class. So these "rules" are pretty much ingrained in me. And while our approach to these situations is much more casual these days and with less reliance on what may actually be outdated rules of etiquette, those who do not follow them do stand out, at least in my eyes. Good manners remain good manners, even if times change....See More- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
- 6 months agolast modified: 6 months ago
Related Stories

LIFESlow Living 101: Tips for Turning Off the Chaos
It may feel as though you're too busy to slow down and enjoy life. But even little changes can have a big effect
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES8 Reasons to Jump Off the DIY Bandwagon
You heard right. Stop beating yourself up for not making stuff yourself, and start seeing the bright side of buying from others
Full Story
MORE ROOMS8 Ways to Make Your Piano Room Sing
Turn your upright piano into the star of the room or a great supporting player
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSMake a Gorgeous (Cheap!) Pillow Using Vintage Clothes
With secondhand fabric and a steady hand on the sewing machine, your pillow choices are endless
Full Story
LIFEHouzz Call: What Did Your Dad Teach You About Making a Home?
Fathers share skills and wisdom with their kids. What did you learn from yours?
Full Story
FATHER’S DAYWhat Parts of Your Home Make You Think of Dad?
Did you inherit his favorite armchair? Learn to play on his piano? We want your stories for Father’s Day
Full Story
MOST POPULAR8 Little Remodeling Touches That Make a Big Difference
Make your life easier while making your home nicer, with these design details you'll really appreciate
Full Story
MOST POPULARYou Can Turn That Into a Bathroom Vanity?
Find inspiration in 13 unconventional bathroom vanities that are as functional as the real deal
Full Story
GREEN DECORATING6 Ways to Cool Off Without Air Conditioning
These methods can reduce temperatures in the home and save on energy bills
Full Story
GREEN BUILDINGOff the Grid: Ready to Pull the Plug on City Power?
What to consider if you want to stop relying on public utilities — or just have a more energy-efficient home
Full Story

olychick