SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
wildchild2x2

Semi Floof Post ---Breaking Bread

wildchild2x2
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I eat out a lot sometimes with large groups. Today when we ate out with family I noticed something once again. I have always "known" that the proper way to eat a roll is to place some butter and the roll on your plate breaking off pieces of the roll and buttering as you go. Break off, butter, eat. Looking around me, including those at my table, I noticed most where buttering the whole roll. Some went so far as to, instead of breaking it with fingers, slice it down the middle and butter each half as if they were constructing a sandwich. I see this everywhere.

When I go out in groups if I don't have the bread basket near me from the start I sometimes don't get bread at all. Not because it runs out, but because I see "ladies" grabbing the partially sliced loaf completely out of the basket with both hands and ripping off a slice or even two. Few today seem to understand that the cloth wrapped around the bread is meant to to stay between the loaf and your fingers with your other hand touching only what you will be putting on your plate.

The roll buttering don't really concern me although it looks childish but I find the bread basket thing downright rude and inconsiderate.

Comments (58)