SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Floof post: Cleaning "schedules?"

amylou321
5 years ago

Do you have one? Either official or by default? Mine tends to revolve around my work schedule. I tend to pick one day a week, usually my first night off,and try to take care of everything that night. That means doing all the laundry for the week(between 3 and 6 loads, very rarely more there are only 2 of us) dusting, "deep" cleaning all three bathrooms, sweeping,swiffering, and bona mopping all the hardwoods, and mopping the tile floors. We do have carpeting in the 2 spare bedrooms,but as they sit furnished but unused,i don't vacuum or do anything but dust in them. The only room that gets a full cleaning daily is the kitchen,as I cook everyday and a dirty kitchen is gross. And i do have to clean the kitchen floors everyday,as I am a clumsy cook, and sammy is gone so there is no one to eat the bits and pieces I drop on the floor anymore. (I still forget and throw pieces of cheese over my shoulder for him sometimes, before I remember)

I also tend to clean in the same pattern,I guess you would call it. I put away any clutter and straighten up first. Then I clean the bathroom attached to the laundry room, then the laundry room, both in the front of the house. Then I go to the back of the house,to the master bathroom, then the bedroom,then the hall bathroom. Then I dust. Then I sweep all the floors in the house,from the back to the front,including moving the living room furniture to get underneath. Then swiffer,then mop. For some reason,i tend to leave the weird little additional room off the kitchen to do last. All together,to get it like I want it, it takes between 2 to 4 hours. (Not including laundry)

I never noticed this pattern until last week,when SO commented on it.....:-/

Comments (30)