Floof post: Cleaning "schedules?"
8 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (30)
Related Discussions
new Kohler shower pan stained; Miracle Method cleaning? x-post
Comments (16)I can vouch for the ROG cleaner. I just received it a week ago and used it on my Kohler cast iron tub's non-slip surface which, BTW, never looked new even when the tub was first installed. The tub was delivered to my house in a crate and the bottom was not protected so the non-slip surface was already dirty looking before the tub was installed. My tub has been in place for 13 years and has been used daily. The cleaner was expensive, but totally worth it. None of the other recommended cleaners from Kohler's "accepted" list worked AT ALL. The ROG has two steps. First was the blue cleaner (ROG 3) which is really more of an all-around cleaner. It's a good cleanser with a nice, fresh scent, but it did nothing to rectify the dirty look of the non-slip surface. Second step was the white cleanser (ROG 1) which made the bottom of my tub look brand spanking new! I can see the bottle lasting a long, long time. I do like the blue cleanser a lot, much better than the Dow I was using, and I will purchase more of it. I don't mind spending money on products that work, as that is preferable to wasting money on products that don't. Another plus with the blue cleaner is that it foams nicely and you don't have to use much of it. BTW, I believe magic erasers can permanently damage the non-slip surface. As the writer of the blog linked to above mentioned, the ROG3 is the cleanser recommended on Kohler's website, but it didn't really do anything to improve the look of my non-slip surface. I think it will probably work well to maintain the clean look now that the ROG1 has been used to restore it to new looking....See MoreAnother "floof" post.
Comments (35)I probably told this one already, but it's my favorite... My very young son was in the backseat strapped in, during what was probably a very typical long afternoon car ride, and doing what toddlers typically do (frustrating their parent to death). Exasperated, I said outloud, "Lord please help me!" And son retorted back "Mom?! I'm right here!" (and I can hear you). Still makes me laugh. ETA: Steph you reminded me of another (I really love this kid). He acquired this really bad habit of getting out of bed every night. And we were told by the doctor to just keep putting him back, ignoring whatever he was saying or doing. The final time of putting him back to bed, he was told not to get out of bed until the sun came up. He actually stayed in bed, but he came up with every reason you could imagine, and some you might not, but the pinnacle came when shouted through his red-faced tears "You can't do this to me, I'm five!"...See MoreFloof! Your cleaning MO...
Comments (35)Apparently my cleaning routine is to start one thing, remember I should do something else and go off and do that. I've cleaned up my bathroom somewhat, but really should clean the toilet, not that I think the plumber guy is going to inspect it but it does need to be cleaned but first had to make some soup, clean up dog droppings out back, then saw some weeds including a whole area of wintercreeper. I pulled some out but that will be an all year thing trying to get rid of it all, possibly years. So, then took the trash down to the road for pick up tomorrow. Got the weedeater out and weeded some in the side garden, taking a break now. But in between I have swept the house, cleaned the dog slobber/mud off the kitchen glass doors, picked up all my shoes that ended up under my desk and put them in the closet, put away the space heater for good (I hope), wiped down the table, counter, stove, oven hood and picked up some trash that had blown in my yard. I'll finish weeding the side garden so they HVAC guy can get to both units. It's Spring maintenance time. After that I'm done for the day...oh, the toilet cleaning too. I had a Wal-Mart order being delivered anytime now too because I forgot a few items and they didn't have my Stok earlier in the week....See MoreFestive Floof! Feast Photos!
Comments (25)PM, the ”hard” in hard sauce refers to whiskey, but is often brandy or rum, and I felt no compuntion with the liqueur. Your great-grandmother's recipe sounds interesting, One ancestress of mine was in the WCTU. She would have approved! I wonder if it was a Prohibition era thing. Mine was the whipped pumpkin gravy, which was made with a but of butter and cream, and impressively stable (no drippings)m just thinned a bit and heated with the GM. Not the traditional butteriness and booziness of hard sauce, but a similar texture and sharp enough with the GM. For the bread pudding, I did add a few shakes of Vietnamese cinnamon and a shake and a half of cloves to the custard to unify things, but the spices from the rolls (fenugreek and some others) and the pumpkin filling, sweetness frome the latter, a whiff of salt frome the former, and the pistachios, whick pretty much kept their coatings. There was also a lot of butter in both the rolls and the babka. The most amazing bread puddings come from irreproducible breads!...See More- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agoamylou321 thanked Jenn TheCaLLisComingFromInsideTheHouse
Related Stories

HOUSEKEEPINGCan-Do Cleaning Strategies for Busy People
While you dream of having a maid (to go with the cook and chauffer), this simplified cleaning routine can keep your real-world home tidy
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNKitchen Counters: Durable, Easy-Clean Soapstone
Give bacteria the boot and say sayonara to stains with this long-lasting material that's a great choice for kitchen and bath countertops
Full Story
MOST POPULARThree Magic Words for a Clean Home and a Better Life
Not a natural tidying and organizing whiz? Take hope in one short phrase that can change your life forever
Full Story
HOLIDAYSYour Post-Thanksgiving Game Plan
Once you’ve recovered from the big day, take these steps to make welcoming the next round of holiday guests easier
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Fridge, Inside and Out
Keep your refrigerator clean and fresh, while you gain storage space and lose those ‘UFOs’
Full Story
MOST POPULAR10 Things Clean Freaks Know to Be True
Are you completely committed to domestic cleanliness? Then you may recognize some of these spotless truths
Full Story
MOST POPULARGarage Cleaning Tips for the Overwhelmed
Don’t let this catch-all space get the better of you. These baby steps can get you started
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean Your Washing Machine
Cleaning your washer once a month will ensure that it stays spick-and-span along with your clothes
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDES15 Ways to Design an Easy-Clean Home
Spend more time doing what you love with these pointers for minimizing cleaning needs throughout the entire house
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPINGHow to Clean a Glass Shower Door
See which tools and methods will keep those glass shower walls and doors sparkling clean
Full Story
Chi