SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

*Floof* A day in the life of...

Texas_Gem
4 years ago

This isn't some social media quiz thing I came across, I just started thinking about my normal daily routine and wondering how different all of ours are given our disparate ages, locations, lifestyles, etc.
Feel free to play along or disregard and scroll on by!!
Live with: husband and 4 daughters 7-12 yrs old
7:00 am: me waking up first, getting everyone up and preparing breakfast.
8:00 am: hubby up, goes to home office to start work, I start kids on schoolwork, clean kitchen from breakfast.
9:00-11:00am: supervise, check with kids schoolwork, switch out laundry
10:30-11:00am: start lunch prep, start a new load of laundry.
11:30-12:30pm: serve lunch, clean up, switch loads
1:00-3:00pm: fold loads, harass kids who haven't finished school, provide recess and PE to kids who HAVE finished school
3:00-5:00pm: a variety of bike riding, music practice, virtual lessons in extracurriculars, etc
5:00-6:30pm: dinner prep, cooking.
6:00-7:30pm: dinner, family time, visiting, games etc
7:30-8:30pm: bedtime prep and bathing routines.
8:30-9:30pm: bedtime, kitchen cleanup, prep for next day.
9:30-11:30pm: unwind time for me and/or bill paying, project work, cleaning or other chores I wasn't able to get to during the day.
11:30pm-12:15am: bedtime prep, going to bed.
So...what does your daily schedule look like?
I'll be honest, the impetus for this post was a commercial for dishwashing detergent urging everyone to "do it every night" IT being dishes in their dishwasher, even if it was a light load and I found the commercial to be quite comical; at least it is for me and my personal situation as I have 2 full size dishwashers and, with 6 people at home eating a combined 18 meals a day plus snacks and drinks, I run BOTH dishwashers every day, sometimes twice a day.
How about you?
What does your day look like?

Comments (11)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES