Any favorite uses of tamarind paste?
8 months ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
Related Discussions
Paste Favorite
Comments (20)Deeby, it has 9 tomatoes of varying sizes so far and looks like it's going to be going until frost, since I just found another "baby" pea-size one last night at the top and there are lots of blossoms. Very nice healthy plant. The largest fruit are what we call "salad" size. Since none are even breaking color yet it will be a while before we get to taste one. If it's good, I just might save some seeds from it to see if it grows true next year. I'll let you know when we know! Thanks for asking :^) Edie...See MoreShare pics of your favorite past Christmas decor ideas?
Comments (11)Lol I like everything, but given it's a Victorian homes tour I will stick to being somewhat traditional, lots of sparkle and glass. I love that blog. I have quite a bit of silver including some huge trays so I a, going to pull those out and copy her a little :). I love the plates, but they appear to be resting on the branches which tells me that she does not have a five year old red headed devil running around her trees :). I do have 40 plus china tea cups though.....that would be a fun theme on the dining room tree. With lots of white lights and silver...crystals....ok now you have me thinking lol Thanks!...See MoreCanned Food past use by date
Comments (14)Dates on food items are usually "best by" dates, not "use by" dates. Just because it's a day past, doesn't make it bad. Two years, though? As has been mentioned, if the cans aren't bulging, dented, rusty, etc., there is an overwhelming chance that it's still perfectly safe to eat. Is it worth eating? Now that's a different matter altogether, as quality begins to decline and gets worse the longer the food is kept. Canned condensed soup will probably last forever, it has so many chemicals in it I can't imagine it would spoil. However, since it's not great when it's "fresh", I can't imagine it'll get any better. Condensed milk turns brown when it gets too old and it's ugly. Rotation IS key to food storage, even on a small scale. When Dad died 4 years ago I found a jar of homecanned mincemeat on the pantry shelf dated 1984! It was probably still safe to eat but I can't imagine what the quality of THAT was. My mother also had some homemade jam that was at least 20 years old. It was sweet and brown, not any definable flavor or odor, and the Orioles loved it. So, if it's a few cans and you don't use the stuff regularly, I'd toss it. Annie...See MoreHow about favorite hairdo's of the past
Comments (40)I have never had a perm or colored my hair. As a child I had pigtails and I wore them on my daughter. I still think that's a cute look. In HS I had a very long and high pony tail and then got a pixie. I had the Mia Farrow really short cut and for a brief time ,the shag. But I went with a blunt cut after that and for decades I have kept that style. It used to be real long and gradually got shorter but it's still longer in front than the back..the classic bob. But with humidity I have corkscrew curls which I hate so I have to blow dry. I have not been to a beauty shop in 30 years....See More- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 8 months ago
- 7 months ago
- 7 months ago
Related Stories

GRAYDesigners Share Their Favorite Light Gray Paints
These versatile neutrals can help create a range of moods in any room
Full Story
LIFE30 Favorite New Year's Resolutions in the Houzz
Even picture-perfect homes can have a soft spot for improvement. Do any of these resolutions from Houzz users resonate with you?
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSGrow Plum Hybrids for Your Favorite Fruit Flavors
Plums are cozying up with apricots, peaches and even cherries — here’s how to grow these hybrids for the best aspects of each
Full Story
WHITEDesigner Secrets: 10 Pros Share Favorite Off-White Paints
From creamy white to barely beige, these hues will warm up your room
Full Story
OUTBUILDINGS10 Favorite Shed Features for Comfort and Joy
Make your backyard shed cozier, prettier or more functional with these appealing elements
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN5 Favorite Granites for Gorgeous Kitchen Countertops
See granite types from white to black in action, and learn which cabinet finishes and fixture materials pair best with each
Full Story
EDIBLE GARDENSHow to Grow 10 Favorite Fruit Trees at Home
Plant a mini orchard in fall, winter or early spring to enjoy fresh-off-the-tree fruit the following year
Full Story
MATERIALSAre You a Maker? Show Us Your Favorite Tool or Material
Houzz Call: A tool or material can be a maker’s best friend. We’d like to see your favorite — and what it helps you achieve
Full Story
GARDENING GUIDESHouzz Call: What’s Your Favorite Backyard Beauty?
The simple, honest daisy is this writer’s go-to garden flower. We want to hear which plant, flowering or otherwise, gives you special joy
Full Story
plllog