Do an author's errors bother you ?
2 years ago
last modified: 2 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (25)
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
Related Discussions
Would this bother you? (Must pay close attention to plans!)
Comments (25)If the goal is to have the left and middle ones centered on the front door AND have the middle and the right one centered on the window, there is only one way to achieve it. Moving the leftmost one to the left by 7". I assume that the columns are 18" wide. Otherwise the plan doesn't make sense. Then if you are standing in front of the door, the door will be centered in between columns. And if you're standing in front of the window, the window will be centered in between columns. But you have wider space on the left, than on the right. Start drawing with that in mind. You'd know what I mean. If the goal is to evenly space three columns , then the best you could do is moving the center one to the left by 5". What Renovator8 said. I'd personally like this scenario better. Currently, you're achieving neither. I'd complain about the designer's incompetence and persuade the builder. It may not be noticeable but whether it will bother you depends on you. I know it would bother me for a long time. This post was edited by ttonk on Sat, Sep 28, 13 at 22:43...See MoreDo You Notice Glaring Spelling Errors On Commercial Sites/Blogs?
Comments (34)What drive me nuts is when reading real estate listings (I am an agent) someone will invariably write "parkay" floors. I always think of how awfully slippery they must be! They also misspell other commonly used words in our field and I am afraid that the new versions will somehow take hold. Think of good old duct tape. It is now duck tape and commonly labeled that way. I typo all the time and even had to go back to the word "typo" to correct it, lol. However, I do try to catch mine. I see people on FB all the time who seem to make no attempt at spelling or grammar. Frequently they are in college or recently graduated, so you would think they'd have learned by now (my peers' children). I think by the time I was 10 or so, I had a pretty decent grip on the English language. I hate to sound crotchety, but kids these days...... I do my best with our sons (7.5 & 9), but it is an uphill battle with all the errors I catch while watching tv, surfing the web, reading professionally made signs, etc... The younger generation is bombarded with poor examples everywhere they look!...See Moreauthors you hate?
Comments (52)My love of reading probably came from my parents and my oldest brother who read out loud to me from my infancy. However, my other brother doesn't read books for entertainment though he received the same encouragement. Same with my sons: one reads as avidly as I do in many genres, but the other only enjoys instruction manuals, such as How to Maintain Your Airplane and A to Z Home Wiring, which he reads very, very well. I attribute my profound distaste of dystopian literature to high school reading -- my teachers seem to have all been bitten by the same dystopian bug. In three years I was assigned Nineteen Eighty-Four, Animal Farm, Brave New World, Brave New World Revisited, A Canticle for Leibowitz, Land Under England, and a couple I've mercifully forgotten. If I had read them in a more spread-out period and the teachers hadn't been such sheep, I might have enjoyed and got more out of them, but, as it was, I was soured forever. if you weren't an English Literature major, you probably weren't (or never would be) a serious reader of literature.Georgia, I ran across that sort of pickle-brained professor frequently....See MoreWould this bother you?
Comments (79)The burden is always on the attorney to ensure confidentiality- and that includes ensuring his or her spouse is not made aware of privileged information. A spouse is a third party (obviously) so would not be bound by attorney/client privilege and thus should not have any access to any confidential information a client shares with an attorney, nor to any confidential information an attorney shares with a client regarding the client's case. That said, the Supreme Court has ruled: Lawyer-client communications are confidential if they are made in a context where it would be reasonable to expect that they would remain confidential (Katz v. U.S., U.S. Sup. Ct. 1967) So, it becomes a question of whether the client calling an attorney at home would reasonably expect both sides of that phone call to be kept confidential.. If the attorney provides the number and tells clients to call, then this seems to be a situation where the client would reasonably expect confidentiality. However, if the attorney's wife answers the phone and it is apparent she is there, can the client reasonably expect confidentiality? As to the pharmacist, HIPAA is super, super strict. My DH just did his HIPAA compliance manual for the year and it's like 8 binders full of stuff he has to do to make sure medical records don't fall into the wrong hands. Limiting access to areas where patient records are kept is among the requirements....See More- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years agolast modified: 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
- 2 years ago
Related Stories

BOOKSLaura Ingalls Wilder’s Little House in the Ozarks
A new streaming series based on the author’s classic books premieres soon. See the farmhouse where she lived and wrote
Full Story
DIY PROJECTSCool Tip: Mimic Stain With a DIY Color Wash
Get the look of an oil-based stain without all the bother, using this easy wash made with paint
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES10 Common Decorating Mistakes and How to Fix Them
Turn your styling errors into successes with these solutions — and the help of a good designer
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNPros Share 8 Big Kitchen Remodeling Mistakes and Their Solutions
Find out the most common errors people make in their renovations and see photos of kitchens that do it right
Full Story
MOST POPULARBlast Decluttering Roadblocks Once and for All
Change your thinking to get the streamlined, organized home of your dreams
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESHouzz Tour: A New House With a Grand Old Face
This Surrey, England, house looks for all the world like its late-Georgian neighbors, but it’s secretly newer. Much newer
Full Story
MOST POPULARThe Polite House: On ‘No Shoes’ Rules and Breaking Up With Contractors
Emily Post’s great-great-granddaughter gives us advice on no-shoes policies and how to graciously decline a contractor’s bid
Full Story
MAN SPACESWhy Men Really Do Need a Cave
Don't dismiss cars, bars and the kegerator — a man space of some kind is important for emotional well-being at home
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGN10 Common Kitchen Layout Mistakes and How to Avoid Them
Pros offer solutions for a stylish and efficient cooking space
Full Story
ORGANIZINGAfter Tidying Up, How to Organize Your Laundry Room
When you’re done giving your laundry area the Marie Kondo treatment, these storage tools can help keep it neat and clean
Full Story
annpanagain