SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunny_mississippi_8a

Roses Chosen by Your Loved Ones

My son was with me at the garden store when we were looking for roses. I had a few on the cart and needed to put one back. I grabbed Bliss to put back because I already have a baby Bliss in the garden. He begged that I put the Poseidon back because of the thorns. And he pointed to Bliss as one we should definitely keep. Granted it was only a foot tall and looked like thorny sticks, he was still sure that this was the rose that needed to come home with us. I said he could pick a different one if he wanted, but he wanted Bliss as his rose. I loved that! My sister's son picked out Crazy Love as his rose last year; and it made me want to have that experience too. It just naturally unfolded and I'm so grateful. My son has already picked a spot for his rose. I'm going to have to dig a new bed so yay! He wants it at the front of the gate before you even enter the garden so everyone can see it first! That's so him.

I had a similar experience with my eldest daughter this Februrary while planting bareroots from Palatine. I had a spot I had just excavated and let her choose from the water-filled bucket of sticks which she would like to plant. No pictures! Just sticks. She chose Rosemantic Pink for the spot. I think it will be amazing. Regardless, I love that she picked it and we can call it her rose.

I've been including my kiddos in my gardening each year, but I think this will add a new dimension of meaning for me and for us into our garden.

Which roses did someone significant to you choose for your/their space that holds special meaning for you? Is there a rose you plant in memory of a loved one? Was it their favorite rose?

Thank you for sharing!

Comments (8)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES