SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ahkim123

Exterior Siding Final Rendering - LP or Timbertech?

Andy Kim
last month
last modified: last month

My exterior siding renovation design was all complete, but had a last minute issue with one of the products, so I’m looking for some advice. As you can see from the rendering below, I have a few walls that will look like natural wood. The actual product is TimberTech tongue & groove composite in Mahogany color and it’s about 3” tall. The rest of the siding is LP in graphite and has a 6” reveal.

I am thinking about replacing the TimberTech product with LP, and use LP's wood colors such as Chestnut. The reason I like TimberTech is because it is a T&G product, I thought that looked a bit more modern than the LP lap siding. Also, the TimberTech product is a bit more smooth, whereas the LP has more texture.

The reason I am considering the switch to LP is due to the high cost of TimberTech, as well as the difficulty to procure it. Here’s my question, is the Timbertech worth the wait and cost over the LP? Thanks!

The photo above doesn't show the TimberTech product very well, see photo below for a better idea of what it looks like.

Comments (2)