SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jodiesands

Exterior window and door selection question

ESP Sales
last month

Hi there. Working on new construction. I do not want to get into the whole black roof and window door scheme that is everywhere right now. I do think it looks beautiful but tend to want something different and am worried about keeping black clean on the outside based on some current experience. For windows I am leaning to Sierra Pacific battle ship gray on exterior and white on interior. The roof will be a medium charcoal which is a close tie to the battleship or a dark charcoal as a second option. There is also a gull gray and sea lion window color as options- see two pics. For rock I am leaning to a gray buff leuders stone. There will be some rock on front and back porch it will be on columns and grill. The challenge comes with the back patio slider. I am looking at Quaker Quartz 3 panel ten foot tall with one operable panel in middle. The 3 panel has to be one same color inside and out. They don’t have a color that ties close to the battleship and as the 3 panel can only do the same color in and out, they have a softer slate gray or of course you could go black or white. Our house will be a light milky to white color and back porch will be stucco in that shade. So my options for the slider are black, white, or a lighter slate gray color. I typically like things to tie together. No one will ever see the back of our house as related to front and sides so I was even thinking of making the back side white windows and do the white slider but that throws me off. I don’t like the black slider idea. If I do slate gray, the outside will be lighter than windows and the inside will have gray with the white windows. I just don’t know what to do and am getting pushed to submit the order. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I have even thought of transitioning to a wall of window and doors with transoms to get through this challenge but had heart set on sliders. Appreciate the thoughts.

Comments (6)